A card reader is a data input device that reads data from a card-shaped storage medium. The first were punched card readers, which read the paper or cardboard punched cards that were used during the first several decades of the computer industry to store information and programs for computer systems. Modern card readers are electronic devices that can read plastic cards embedded with either a barcode, magnetic strip, computer chip or another storage medium.
A memory card reader is a device used for communication with a smart card or a memory card. A magnetic card reader is a device used to read magnetic stripe cards, such as credit cards. A business card reader is a device used to scan and electronically save printed business cards.
Showing all 2 results
Omnikey 3121 smart card Reader
- USB connection
- light base
- CAC approved
- Different standing base options available for convenient vertical and horizontal use
- Support for adhesion (e.g. to PC monitor)
- Robust housing and long USB cable
- High speed data transmission
- All major operating systems supported